SECOND CONFERENCE OF REGIONAL ALUMNI ASSOSIATION:
STRENGTHENING REGIONAL PARTNERSHIPS IN SOUTHEAST EUROPE
Dr. Stojan Slaveski, President, Vilma Petkovska MSc, Vice-president and Mitko Saraliev MSc, Secretary General, representatives of the Presidency of Macedonian Alumni Association attended the Second Conference of Regional Alumni Association that took place in Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany in the period 13-17 June, 2011.
The Conference attended 14 national alumni associations (Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Greece, Montenegro, Macedonia, Moldova, Kosovo, Romania, Slovenia, Serbia, Turkey and Ukraine).
The objectives of the Conference were:
- To increase awareness and understanding of regional security issues and how best a regional association can impact the region;
- To improve regional cooperation in Southeast Europe and neighboring countries by using a Regional Alumni Association as a tool to share and discuss security issues common throughout the region;
- To develop, discuss and finalize a Regional Alumni Association Charter (mission statement, goals, organizational structure, communication plan, marketing, fundraising strategy and planned annual activities;
- To formalize the Southeast Europe Regional Alumni Association and elect the first rotating President.
- Using the principle of consensus, it was decided Montenegro to be the first Chair of the Regional Association, while Republic of Macedonia to be the Vice chair in the period January-December 2012. The National Alumni association of the Republic of Macedonia will chair the Regional Association during the year 2013.
In the frames of the Conference, Dr. Stojan Slaveski spoke about the best practices, partnering and developing annual plan of Macedonian Alumni Association, while Mrs. Vilma Petkovska introduced the candidature of the Republic of Macedonia as a member of rotating Presidency.